- a lustrum (esp. in the cycle of Jupiter)
- a measure of length = 86 Aṅgulas
- a name for the number "twelve"
- a pair
- a period or astronomical cycle of 5 (rarely 6) years
- a race of men
- a symbolical name for the number "four"
- a yoke
- an age of the world
- long mundane period of years (of which there are four)
- name of a double Śloka or two Ślokas so connected that the sense is only completed by the two together
- name of a particular Nābhasa constellation (of the class called Sāṃkhyayoga)
- name of a particular position or configuration of the moon